- Testing of metal, polymer, rubber and composites for tensile strength, bend, shear strength, hardness (Brinell, Rockwell, Vickers, Micro-hardness), Charpy impact, compressive strength and flexural strength.
Metallurgy & Failure Analysis
- Failure investigation on components and equipment
- Material evaluation by metallurgical examination
- Coating thickness, grain size and ferrite measurement
- Corrosion investigation, corrosion prevention advisory services and material selection
- Macro and micro examination
- Case depth / Decarburisation depth measurement
- Inclusion / Grain size checks
- Analysis / coating measurement for PCB
Welding Competency Test
(CAAS SAR Chp 6.5–Appendix 1)
- For metal scaffoldings, reinforcement bars, reinforcement bars with coupler, steel wire, welded steel fabric / structures / plates / pipes
Thermal spray / Plasma coating evaluation
Lifting Equipment Certification
- MOM Certification / IB Certification
- Load testing and visual inspection of standard and customised lifting equipment according to both Singapore and international standards
Customised Structural Equipment Testing
- Testing of storage racks, step ladders, vehicle supports, support structures and tripod jacks.
- Testing of anchor bolts and beam structures
Hydrostatic Testing on Pressure Vessel
- MOM Certification or API Inspection
Indoor Air Quality Tests & Heat Stress Measurement
- Monitoring of parameters such as temperature, humidity, air velocity, formaldehyde, volatile organic compounds and micro-organisms and particulate matter (referencing SS554)
Source & Exhaust Emissions Tests
- Testing to ensure emissions are in compliance with the Environmental Protection and Management Act.
- Sampling and analyses of a range of parameters in accordance with US-EPA (United States – Environmental Protection Agency) methods.
- Monitoring of parameters such as volatile organic compounds, heavy metals and toxic gases.
Industrial Hygiene Monitoring (IHM)
- Monitoring and evaluation of industrial hygiene
- Comprehensive testing of volatile organic compounds, heavy metals and toxic gases.
Water & Wastewater Tests
- Detection of water contamination by undesirable chemicals and microbiological agents with APHA (American Public Health Association) & US-EPA (United States – Environmental Protection Agency) methods.
- Detection of contamination in water sources such as drinking water, sewage and trade effluents, industrial water, ground water, NEWater and RO water.
Noise Measurement & Monitoring
- Monitoring and evaluation of noise pollution. Services include factory noise mapping, equipment/engine noise measurement, personal noise monitoring and boundary noise monitoring
Chemical Composition Analysis
- For raw materials (metal bars / sheets) used for manufacturing / processing. Such materials need to be checked for conformance to the required specification to ensure that the products are good for their intended purposes, e.g. strength, corrosion resistance, toughness
- Our comprehensive solutions include employing Arc Spark-Optical Emission Spectrometry, Combustion, Inert Gas Fusions, and various other wet / classical methodologies.
- Analysis of bath solutions for electroplating, cleaning and etching / pickling processes are also our forte to ensure top-notch quality of our customers’ finished products.
Magnetic Particle Testing
- Magneflux: Three-phase FWDC bench unit with 6000A magnetising current and separate AC aperture coil for demagnetisation
- Maximum component size 1250mm length and 250mm diameter
- Lab-based: Film and computed radiographic, radiographic testing using 320kV X-ray machine for inspection of aircraft material, component, weldments and casting, and Cobalt-60 for heavy thickness components
- On site: Gamma and X-ray inspection
- Contact method
- Phrased array ultrasonic test
- Time of flight diffraction
Eddy Current Testing
Video Borescope Inspection
- Video borescope inspection and remote-visual condition on aircraft engine and fuel tank.
- Borescope images allow permanent archival of the inspection results during non-destructive inspection.
- Thermal Shock
Electrical/ EMC Testing
Precious Metals Fineness Testing/ Gold Assaying
- Calibration and measurement of up to 16,000psi and 0.9bar for vacuum calibration.
- Measuring devices employed include gauges, transducers and recorders.
Radiation Calibration (Non-accredited)
- DMC 3000
- SOR Dosimeters
- Calibration and measurement of up to 2500Nm and cable-tension meter up to 300lbf.
- Calibration and verification of all types of measuring instruments and tools :
- Fixtures and jigs
- Micrometers, calipers, depth and height gauges
- Displacement sensors, dials, electrical gauge and thickness gauges
- Plug and ring gauges (thread and go-no-go gauges)
- Feeler gauges, vee blocks, engineer’s parallel/square, straight edge, film thickness gauges, test sieves, spirit level, clinometers / digital protractors, bore gauges, measuring tape, steel rule, glass scales, radius gauges, electronic comparators, and checkers
- CMM dimension measurement services
- Verification of force measuring devices such as load cells, proving rings and durometers.
- Calibration of temperature, humidity, electrical parameters
- Quality Management System (ISO 9001)
- Environmental Management System (ISO 14001)
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System (BS OHSAS
18001/ ISO 45001)
Fire Safety Products
2nd Party Audit & Training
- Public & In-house Training
- ISO 45001:2018 OHSMS Internal Auditor
- ISO 9001:2015 QMS Internal Auditor
- ISO 9001:2015 QMS Lead Auditor IRCA (by HKV)
- ISO 14001:2015 EMS Internal Auditor
- ISO 14001:2015 EMS Lead Auditor IRCA (by HKV)
- IMS (QEHS) Internal Auditor