STS is the first testing agency in Singapore to be engaged by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) to assist with rail maintenance auditing. We have worked with organisations such as Deutsche Bahn or LTA and offer considerable experience in rail engineering auditing.
Rail Engineering Audits include
- Monitoring and measurement of the quality and maturity of procedures
- Monitoring and measurement of the quality and maturity of customer related products and services
- Identifying lead indicators of systematic risks and hazards
- Independent analysis of compliance with regulations
- Independent analysis of work performance
- Independent analysis of database for audit preparation
- Independent analysis of benchmarking
We are a leading NADCAP-accredited NDT and inspection body for Rail Industry NDT applications.
Magnetic Particle Testing
- Magneflux: Three-phase FWDC bench unit with 6000A magnetising current and separate AC aperture coil for demagnetisation
- Maximum component size 1250mm length and 250mm diameter
- Lab-based: Film and computed radiographic, radiographic testing using 320kV X-ray machine for inspection of aircraft material, component, weldments and casting, and Cobalt-60 for heavy thickness components
- On site: Gamma and X-ray inspection
- Contact method
- Phrased array ultrasonic test
- Time of flight diffraction
Eddy Current Testing
Video Borescope Inspection
- Video borescope inspection and remote-visual condition on aircraft engine and fuel tank.
- Borescope images allow permanent archival of the inspection results during non-destructive inspection.
Metrology and calibration of key tools, equipment and fixtures used in the Rail Industry industry.
- Calibration and measurement of up to 16,000psi and 0.9bar for vacuum calibration.
- Measuring devices employed include gauges, transducers and recorders.
Radiation Calibration (Non-accredited)
- DMC 3000
- SOR Dosimeters
- Calibration and measurement of up to 2500Nm and cable-tension meter up to 300lbf.
- Calibration and verification of all types of measuring instruments and tools :
- Fixtures and jigs
- Micrometers, calipers, depth and height gauges
- Displacement sensors, dials, electrical gauge and thickness gauges
- Plug and ring gauges (thread and go-no-go gauges)
- Feeler gauges, vee blocks, engineer’s parallel/square, straight edge, film thickness gauges, test sieves, spirit level, clinometers / digital protractors, bore gauges, measuring tape, steel rule, glass scales, radius gauges, electronic comparators, and checkers
- CMM dimension measurement services
- Verification of force measuring devices such as load cells, proving rings and durometers.
- Calibration of temperature, humidity, electrical parameters
One-stop solution to ensure lifting equipment and gear in the Rail Industry industry meets MOM requirements.
Lifting Equipment Certification
- MOM Certification / IB Certification
- Load testing and visual inspection of standard and customised lifting equipment according to both Singapore and international standards
Customised Structural Equipment Testing
- Testing of storage racks, step ladders, vehicle supports, support structures and tripod jacks.
- Testing of anchor bolts and beam structures
Hydrostatic Testing on Pressure Vessel
- MOM Certification or API Inspection
Comprehensive materials testing for the Rail industry e.g. chemical, mechanical, metallurgy and failure forensics.
OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001